Sunday, May 23, 2010

georgetown

My good friend, Emily Hafen, and I went down to Georgetown yesterday and found 
Jack's Boathouse on the Potomac and we wanted to rent kayaks. Sadly, right when we pulled into rent a boat, a rain storm blew in. But we really thought the boathouse had great personality with the Chinese lanterns and Crayon colored kayaks.




After we left the boathouse, we went up to M Street in Georgetown to find a place to eat. 
The fun thing around town is all the quaint restaurants and we found the perfect French place to sink our teeth into. 
It was so yummy and I completely felt like I stepped back into Paris. It reminded me of the time Mel and I were in Paris on study abroad and we dedicated one whole day as Pastry Day.  The pastries here were just as decadent as I remember them being there. 
It started to rain nice and hard and we were without an umbrella... I mean we went to kayak! We were walking down the streets with the rain coming down and it was so enjoyable. The only thing that could have possibly made it more enjoyable is if Gene Kelly would've strolled down the street "just singin' and dancin' in the rain." 
Emily pointed out this yummy frozen yogurt place and I must say....I FOUND MOCHI! For anyone who has not lived in Provo around the million frozen yogurt shops or had the pleasure of savoring Yo Zone, there is the BEST topping called MOCHI. My friend once referred to them as Asian marshmallows. My favorite toppings are mochi and Fruity Pebbles. So finding a place with these delectable toppings was a perfect ending to the day.

Simply Stated: Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
Just singin' and dancin' in the rain.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

What a fun adventure & a perfect day! Katie - you are just so cute. Seriously. I love your posts! And YUM to all those desserts and the pasta you ate, looks so good, it's making me hungry...

The Sanity Inspector said...

Those are good photos, looks like a fun time.

Melanie said...

I'm coming to DC... MUST SEE YOU!!! Will you email me your number (and add me to your private blog!!) Can't wait to see you.
melaniegochnour@gmail.com
PS What's the name of this french place you ate at? My hubby walks up M street on his way home and is always looking for yummy places to eat :-)

Krista and Trey said...

I read in the Arizona Guardian, front page that your Dad is starting his own lobbying firm in Mesa. Are you moving back home anytime soon?


The Latest...

Recently, I packed up my Western self and moved out East to a little place called Virginia. My parents relocated out here about 2 years ago, so it was time I check out VA for myself. It is in the DC metro area, so we spend lots of fun time in the city or in the country. I am still working as a pediatric nurse and looking to maybe move towards the non-profit or political side of health care. I gained a new family member in the form of a Chinese exchange student named Donna, and I love being with my parents again. Life is good.