Sunday, July 25, 2010

a good day

Emily's friend, Todd, is a certified sailor so we commissioned him to take us out on the Potomac and teach us how to sail! We had a blast learning to catch the wind at just the right angle to gain speed and fly across the water. Aparently that day there was hardly any wind, but us amateur sailors didn't know the difference.

Steph and I had to duck quickly as the sail flew past our heads in attempt to change direction. Off with our heads!

After we went sailing out here in the DC humidity, we were so hot and did not have access to a pool (and no, there is no chance of swimming in the Potomac, that thing is nasty!), so we went into the center of Crystal City to the community fountains and had ourselves
a little dip.
We probably weren't the best examples to the on-looking children, but it felt so good!
Looks exotic right?

Never too old for a little water fun
(check out Em's face here. Love it!)

Simply Stated: Do you technically have to drink the water from the Fountain of Youth or just play in it to remain young?

2 comments:

erin said...

you are SO dang fun Katie!! Looks like you guys had a grand day! Makes me miss the good ole days.

Landvatter Family said...

I miss you Katie and have been thinking about you a lot! Call me when you get a chance so we can catch up! Love ya!


The Latest...

Recently, I packed up my Western self and moved out East to a little place called Virginia. My parents relocated out here about 2 years ago, so it was time I check out VA for myself. It is in the DC metro area, so we spend lots of fun time in the city or in the country. I am still working as a pediatric nurse and looking to maybe move towards the non-profit or political side of health care. I gained a new family member in the form of a Chinese exchange student named Donna, and I love being with my parents again. Life is good.