Sunday, March 14, 2010

DC and the fam

A few weeks ago my sis, her family, and my cousin's family came 
to stay with us for a few days.
We had a fun time being out in DC with the sun finally shining!




This squirrel was seriously a brave little creature. He came right up to us and I was a tab bit scared that he was going to come and park his little self right on my shoulder if I let him.


I seriously love this bunch. We had a great time. Here's one favorite story from the trip:
My mom took Grace, Jack and I to see the "Squeakqual" and afterwards we were coming out of the movie and Grace looks up at me and says, "Someday, Katie, maybe you can find a boy who's at the movies with his Nana, niece, and nephew and then marry him." I said, "that sounds like a great idea." And then she went on to say, "It's okay, I know you haven't got married because you haven't found someone who loves you as much as you love him or because he loves you more than you love him." She's right. I'm glad she understands me. That's why I love my little outspoken Grace.

Simply Stated: kids make such good friends because they're honest.

5 comments:

Aymee said...

I couldn't agree more you with Grace. So adorable! I love the honesty of little kids, although sometimes it can hurt...one time when I was working at the recreation center in Utah (I did a kids program for off-track school kids), one of the little 1st graders looked at me and said, "You're ugly." Seriously, made me sad the whole rest of the day and I went home and told Travy. He's like, "who cares, it was a 1st grader." And I said, "That's why I'm upset, it was a 1st grader and they don't lie." But then he told me how beautiful he thought I was and it made me feel better:)

Cute pictures, looks like you had a fun time. It's always so nice when the family come to visit, I love it!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute. Kids truly say the darndest things and they are so much smarter than many people give them credit for!

We need to get together soon!

westley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim said...

Katie! I just love kids and their honesty as well. That's right, keep holding out until you find the one who loves you most, I always say!

I can't wait to see you in another week! It's going to be the best ever!!!
I'm sure you can borrow my brother's longboard and we will have a nice long chat!

Chandana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

The Latest...

Recently, I packed up my Western self and moved out East to a little place called Virginia. My parents relocated out here about 2 years ago, so it was time I check out VA for myself. It is in the DC metro area, so we spend lots of fun time in the city or in the country. I am still working as a pediatric nurse and looking to maybe move towards the non-profit or political side of health care. I gained a new family member in the form of a Chinese exchange student named Donna, and I love being with my parents again. Life is good.