Sunday, February 14, 2010

snowmageddon

Back here on the news we have heard funny titles like "SNOWMAGEDDON" to describe our tempermental storms here lately. I think this picture depicts the way we all are feeling about the snow right now.

I seriously have never seen so much snow in my life! Apparently, this is the most snow DC has ever seen since it was created a district! This is nuts...and more snow is on it's way tomorrow. I think global warming is over.
Mom and Dad on snow shoveling duty. This is not my favorite duty. Poor ole' dad did most of the shoveling...and it was an around the clock job. On the intense days, the power went out and some didn't have power for the entire weekend! Luckily we only went about half a day, and I spent it next to the fire with a book. Oh, nothing better.
When it came time to dig out my car, it took four people to dig it out. We have wonderful neighbors and everyone pitched in to dig out the entire neighborhood! 
There is just so much snow, we don't know where to put it. 
The schools closed down for an entire week! Lucky kids! It was fun to watch them have legit snow fights behind mounds of snow and watch them tie ropes to the neighborhood golden retrievers, Tuba and Lacy, and ride behind them on sleds.
The hood and the plow.

The government shut down for a whole week along with just about the entire city! I finally got to enjoy a true "Snow Day" that I always wished we would've had in Arizona.

Simply Stated: There should be an official redo on Groundhog's Day. I think the old "hog" was snowed in his hole and couldn't get out.
I'm ready for spring!

17 comments:

Krissi said...

I love that snowmageddon picture, so funny! glad the storm missed us!

shay said...

Oh rue... I miss ya !! How fun!! What a adventure!! Love your guts!!

Ariana said...

wow...snow! you really need to send some of this snow to Vancouver so that they can have REAL snow for the Olympics. I think that is a good solution, especially since y'all have so much snow you have no where to put it!

Yay for Snow DAYS!!!

Andrew said...

I'm in Tennessee right now and I'm traveling to DC tomorrow for a conference. Is all of that snow still there? :)

Anonymous said...

You guys have definitely gotten more than us...it's crazy how much you got. But, we have had more than I like! I like snow for about a day, and then I am sick of it!

Gary said...

We hardly had any snow here in the south of the UK! I wish we had as much as you so that I could use the sledge!....nice blog by the way!

Wyndslash said...

lovely pictures! i've never had snow before myself

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
John said...

Wow... It's very unique blog.

Fantastic pictures.

I like your blog.

Plese visit:

http://mofioso.blogspot.com/

Keep blogging.
Have a great time.

Michael- said...

Fantastic blog! Very heartfelt and personal…

I’m anthropologist currently doing a little study on the blogging culture, and your blog has a special interest for me. If you don’t mind dropping by my site and maybe participating in the study by answering 5 questions I’d be more that grateful.

http://conflictions5.blogspot.com

If for nothing else, drop by the blog just to take a look...

Cheers~

m-

Chandana said...

wonderful pictures..

this blog will surely be a help and will be a blessing for you, in your walk with GOD.

www.holyoneofisrael-reconciliation.blogspot.com/

Have a blessed reading and gladly write back to me if you need any prayer help.

God bless you.

Random Ideas said...

That is simply wayyy to much snow, but it's extremely beautiful!I really like your blog, thanks for posting!

Frank the Underemployed Professional said...

I stumbled upon your blog with the button. Thought I'd drop a line to let you know that I liked the Snowmaggedon picture of Chicago.

Jesson said...

wow great i miss winter times

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aymee said...

Hey....just leaving my mark so you can come visit my bloggity:) You are so cute, just thought you should know!

daniel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

The Latest...

Recently, I packed up my Western self and moved out East to a little place called Virginia. My parents relocated out here about 2 years ago, so it was time I check out VA for myself. It is in the DC metro area, so we spend lots of fun time in the city or in the country. I am still working as a pediatric nurse and looking to maybe move towards the non-profit or political side of health care. I gained a new family member in the form of a Chinese exchange student named Donna, and I love being with my parents again. Life is good.