Monday, April 19, 2010

Tutt and Salmon

Krissi, Dallen, and Emery came to visit us here in old DC this past weekend and I'm so glad they came. The first day we met up (April 15th, Tax Day), there just happened to be a "Tea Party Against Tax" going on at the Washington Monument. Of course we had to go and support, and mainly just see what these "Tea Parties" are all about. 
There was definitely no tea being dumped into the Potomac. 



Emery was so funny at the rally, because every time the crowd started clapping for the speakers, she started clapping along with everyone. Other people in the crowd even commented on her dedication to the cause.
On Saturday, my dad took us on a backstage tour of the Capital. It's been so long (when he was in office) since I had done the full tour and it was great to see it now and relive it. I have so many vivid memories of it all and it was fun to have Krissi experience it all too, because she lived through much of that time in my life with me back in Arizona. 
The center of the Capital where the dome covers.

My dad's old office door...just me being nastalgic. I remember many days during the summer that we lived in DC and coming to Dad's office to pester the interns and explore the Capital. Mostly it was fun to watch Dad on the House Floor when it was time to vote.  
We lucked out with such lovely weather. 
I just really enjoyed having Krissi and her family come to town and stay with me. 

4 comments:

Krissi said...

oh that trip was so fun! I need to get you up here to CT at some point!

Ariana said...

i thought I'd tell you that I met your friend, Donna. She was with Syrell at the Women's Fair at UVU last weekend. Utah sure needs more Salmon's!

victorian inn bed and breakfast said...

All the places are very pretty and adorable,one can wander in these beautiful destinations and get himself lost in its utmost and scenic beauty, which do attracts everyone when visit these marvelous destinations.

SK said...

hi...
I m wont to say hi )
you look sow good - bee happy!
sorry for my english, i m from Russia.
by by


The Latest...

Recently, I packed up my Western self and moved out East to a little place called Virginia. My parents relocated out here about 2 years ago, so it was time I check out VA for myself. It is in the DC metro area, so we spend lots of fun time in the city or in the country. I am still working as a pediatric nurse and looking to maybe move towards the non-profit or political side of health care. I gained a new family member in the form of a Chinese exchange student named Donna, and I love being with my parents again. Life is good.