Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ohio

I went to Ohio for about a week and a half and had so much fun spending all that time with my sis and her family! Below are pictures of me and my best buddy that she insisted on taking. I feel like I just had to post them on here so everyone could see her talent in photography and hair-doing skills. She loves to take pictures and to braid my hair. I love it too.

This is a pose she put me in...


This is my lovely hairdo by Gracie herself. 
This is with Jack and Gracie the day we went to Amish Country. So fun! But I must say that my sis, Lara, could rival with the best of them in making Amish Friendship Bread. So yummy!
Another day we went to an outdoor market and we ate fresh corn just like Nacho Libre style. Gracie kept saying, "Get that corn out of my face!"
Sammy digging right into a juicy peach. Can't blame the kid.
I think this is the biggest swing I've ever seen. 
Just the girls.


I was able to spend lots of quality time with Matt at the dental school because he did LOTS of dental work on me! Thanks Matt, you are a pro and I'd recommend you any day (seriously)!
The last little while in preparing for my mission, I have had a really hard time finding non-frumpy, cute skirts for my mission. So Lara decided to make my life a little easier and sew some for me! She is amazing at that. She made about 7 skirts in one week and so all us girls had to model them for church on Sunday. Thanks Lara! I am glad I don't have to wear any jumpers ;)

Simply Stated: you know it's a good trip when you've got a new wardrobe and a new smile to show for it! 

3 comments:

Aymee said...

Alright....I need Lara to make some of those skirts for me....or better yet, TEACH me how to do it! I'm so stinking jealous.


And I'm so glad to see these pictures! So cute and so fun!

erin said...

Ohio sounded like a great time!!
I love the skirts. Your sister is SO talented. I wish too that I could make a cute skirt....I guess that would mean I would need to buy a sewing machine. Baby steps..baby steps.
Sure are going to miss you!!

Ariana said...

so fun! i love the skirts!! great way to send you off on your mish.


The Latest...

Recently, I packed up my Western self and moved out East to a little place called Virginia. My parents relocated out here about 2 years ago, so it was time I check out VA for myself. It is in the DC metro area, so we spend lots of fun time in the city or in the country. I am still working as a pediatric nurse and looking to maybe move towards the non-profit or political side of health care. I gained a new family member in the form of a Chinese exchange student named Donna, and I love being with my parents again. Life is good.